Tuesday, September 4, 2007

STUBBORN

What is wrong with this picture???



If you look closely you'll notice that Peyton is still holding on to her umbilical cord after 8 weeks. That's right the newest member of the Finch Family is just a few days shy of being 2 months old and has yet to let go of her last physical tie to her mommy. Our pediatcian has tried numerous procedures, none of which have worked. So, Peyton is now offically the first child she has had to refer to a surgeon with "umbilical granuloma." We're hoping some day soon Peyton will actually have a belly button!


In other exciting news, our little one has started to smile. How cute is she?!?!




Big Sister Emily never misses an opportunity to smile for the camera either!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would definately be freaking out if my kid still had their stump at 2 months-I had a hard enough time with it being on for 2 weeks and then Joe wanted to keep it once it did fall off. I'm totally feeling for you guys and hope the situation fixes itself soon! I mean, what can even be done for that? I get the heebie jeebies at the thought! In any case, she is SO adorable and beautiful and sounds like things are well with you all. Take care!