Friday, February 15, 2008

Sleep Talking

A very interesting thing happened this afternoon during the girls naps. Around 3:00 I heard Emily call out "Mommy." So, I assumed she was awake and ready to get up from her nap. She generally wakes up around that time anyway. So, I walked in her room, turned off her fan, opened her curtains and greeted her. She was rustling around in her bed not looking very happy which for the most part is unusual for Emily. I called out her name and she turned and looked at me with wide open eyes and mumbled something about Peyton. I told her I couldn't hear her and asked her again. She mumbled her sentence again, this time with a little more gusto. Again I told her I couldn't understand her and asked what she was saying about Peyton. Emily then yelled, "What is Peyton doing with that red box?" I said, "Emily, Peyton is still sleeping are you ready to get up." She just looked at me and I noticed her eyes were sort of heavy. So I said again, "Emily are you ready to get up?" She said, "No!" and I stood there and watched as her eyes slowly closed and she seemed to be back in a deep slumber.

I'm not kidding you when I say she didn't wake up until 45 minutes later. I had already left for work, so Chris got her up. I know I talked in my sleep as a child and even still sometimes as an adult, but I don't ever remember someone telling me I had a conversation with them with my eyes wide open.

I guess you just never know what kind of crazy things your kids will do!

No comments: