Emily and I were sitting together on the couch the day before Aunt Misi's shower. We started to talk about the shower and she wanted to know if she was coming with me, to which I responded, "Of course!"
It was silent for a moment and then she asked me, "Mommy, why are we having the shower at Gee's (Misi's Mom) church?"
I explained to her that there would be a lot of people there and we needed a big room so we'd have enough space.
Another moment of silence passed and she asked me if girls and boys would be there and proceeded to name a few Misi's family members she thought might be there.
Thinking nothing of her comment I explained it would be all ladies except for one of Misi's nephews (who happens to be one of Em's best friends) was coming so they could play together.
She looked me dead in the eye with shock on her face and said, "MOMMY, Does that mean I'm going to have to see "my friends" tail?"
After I picked myself up off the floor laughing and realized what her little mind was thinking I explained to her that we weren't taking an actual shower, but that we were showering Aunt Mis with gifts for baby Cayden.
As a family of mostly girls, we've never really had to give names to the different girl and boy parts. Emily knows boys and girls are different mostly because she knows her Daddy stands to pee and she doesn't think that is fair. So in her 3 1/2 year old mind she called it what she thought it looked like, a tail!
No comments:
Post a Comment