Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Birthday Wishes and a High Five!


Today is Chris's 32nd birthday. In honor of him I thought I would tell you all a little story about the first birthday of his we spent together. You see our very first date was February 9, 2002, the night before his 25th birthday. We went out to dinner and a movie with some mutual friends. In fact if you looked in Chris's wallet today, you would still find the movie stub for The Count of Monte Cristo which was the movie we saw that night. We had a great time and I was very much looking forward to seeing him again the next day at the surprise party a friend of our was having for him.

The party was after church and Misi offered to give me a ride over. So, I climbed in her car leaving my car in the church parking lot. A little way into the party, Misi told me she was going to head out because she had a test to study for. She assured me Chris would give me a ride back to my car.

The party ended a little while later. I didn't realize that Chris had a few other passengers riding with him back to Lakeland where he was living at the time. We took the short drive back to my car and Chris got out to walk me to my car with our other friends watching from the backseat. We said goodnight and Chris went in for a hug, and being the smooth person I am lifted up my hand to give him a high five. I wished him a happy birthday and told him I would see him later as I jumped in my car.

I can only imagine the conversation in his car on the way home analyzing what the high five meant. Fortunately for me, Chris actually like me and a phone call from me the next day assured him I liked him as well. And the rest is history...oh yeah, and you better believe there was a high five at our wedding when the pastor said, "You may kiss the bride!"


HAPPY BIRTHDAY HONEY!!!
YOU ARE AN AMAZING HUSBAND, FATHER AND FRIEND!!!
I LOVE YOU WITH ALL MY HEART!!!

No comments: