Friday, July 3, 2009

I'm Flabbergasted!

What do you do when your 4 year old pulls one over on you?


This afternoon when I got home from work, Chris quickly headed out to return something to Lowe's. Emily and I were hanging out when she asked me if she could have a snack. I was hungry as well, so I got up and got her the desired popsicle and a snack for myself. She specifically choose yellow. I sat down with my snack while she dug into her popsicle.

After she finished she asked me what color her tongue was. I told her it was yellow. She usually loves that the popsicles turn her mouth different colors. She then asked me for a drink of water. I got up and got her a cup of water. Next think I hear her in the bathroom running and dumping water. She would come out periodically to ask me the color of her tongue. I have to admit I wasn't on top of my game, if I had been I may have figured out what was going on sooner.

She was sitting next to me a little while later when Chris got home. She leaned in and breathed in my face and asked me in a very quiet voice what her breath smelled like. At this point I finally caught onto her game. As I asked her why she wanted to know what her breath smelled like in a voice loud enough for Chris to hear she began to cry. Chris looked up and asked her if she'd had another snack. We quickly discovered our sweet 4 year old waited for her Daddy, who had told her no more snacks today, to leave to ask her Mommy, who had been at work all afternoon and didn't know she wasn't allowed to have more snacks, for a snack.

She is so clever it amazes me, we just need to be sure her brilliance is channeled in a more appropriate direction!

(For the record, the above picture was taken earlier today, before the incident!)

1 comment: