Yesterday we met our play group at Pump It Up for some indoor bouncing fun. As Chris and I were waiting in the lobby for the rest of our group we witnessed a little boy (about 8 years old) throw up right out front of the door to Pump It Up. His mother came in upset, asking if there was a bucket so she could clean it up, but one of the employees was already on top of it and came out with a mop to clean up the sidewalk.
And then it happened, she proceeded to pay for her son to go in and bounce with the rest of the kids.
I was shocked. I'm not sure if it was the fact that the staff actually let her buy a ticket after they witnessed what happened outside or that she actually decided to stay after her son's breakfast revisited for everyone to see.
I looked at Chris and discreetly asked him if he thought we should go. We decided we would make more of a scene to leave while trying to explain to Emily. Besides she had looked forward to bouncing with her friends all week. We decided to try and avoid the "culprit" while inside the bouncing arena.
Towards the end of our bounce time, I was in the big bounce house with both girls and all their friends and moms. We decided to get out and see how many times we could go down the big slide in the last 10 minutes. As we came out I handed Peyton to Chris and then I noticed a weird smell. I checked for a poo, but she was clean. I asked him if he smelled it and then we noticed it. She had spit up all down the side of herself. I guess the bouncing made a milkshake that didn't agree with her stomach. Horrified, I then looked at Chris and said, "Did she get it in the bounce house?" As we looked over, we noticed an employee clearing out that particular bounce house to clean up what we had left behind. I was totally embarrassed.
It's funny how God has a way of flipping a situation on you to make you more compassionate to others in your life, even the strangers whom you just get a glimpse of.
Saturday, July 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
God has a funny sense of humor, huh? I didn't even think about that yesterday, but those types of things happen to me all the time. I try to be really careful not to judge, although I fail often, because I am quite certain whatever I am put out about will probably happen to me at some point. Especially the meltdowns at the stores...love those!
Post a Comment