Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Our Princess and Her Frog!

It started with a tomato.



Yesterday, while Peyton was taking her morning nap Emily and I went outside to try and rescue the tomato plant we had planted earlier in the summer. Our goal was to take it our of it's current pot and plant it in our flower bed, since it had basically stopped growing and all the flowers had died. It has produced one tomato, but it has been green and the exact same size for the last month.

Emily was really excited to help me. That is until we got outside and she found her little frog friend. She lost interest in our plant as she put the frog in various sand toys including Cinderella's carriage.

The thing that caught me by surprise was her unwillingness to release the frog when it was time to go inside. She told me she was his mommy and he needed to stay in her bucket with her. Finally I did what any good mom would do, I bribed her to let him go.





And ended with a popsicle! That's a fair trade right? A popsicle for a frog's freedom!

1 comment:

Erica said...

Yeah! I am glad I am not the only one to use that ever popular parenting strategy! Those little frogs are so cute. She is a brave little one!