Friday, April 18, 2008

LIPS!

This morning while I was brushing Emily's hair she was looking at herself in a little hand held mirror she had gotten for her birthday. All of a sudden she turned around and looked at me and said, "Mommy what is this on my lip?" She was pointing to the groove that runs between your lips and nose. I simply told her it was a part of her mouth and was hoping to end it at that, because honestly I have no idea what it's called and I could only image the countless "Whys?" that would follow any kind of explanation I tried to make up.

She started to fuss and then said, "I want it off of me!!!" I told her you couldn't take it off and then she looked at me examining me closely and said, "Do you have one?" Of course by looking at me she could see that I had one. She then asked me if Daddy had one and to which I answered "Yes."

She then looked at me and said, "Does it hold my lips on my face because I don't want my lips to fall off!"

No comments: