This morning, I was being a good wife and doing what my husband had asked of me. We are going to some friends house for dinner tonight and we are bringing Chris's DELICIOUS potato salad. He asked me to boil the eggs, peel, cut and boil the potatoes so he could mix everything up quickly when he gets home from work tonight.
The girls were playing happily as I worked in the kitchen. I was thinking to myself, how nice it was that I could actually get something accomplished with the both of them awake.
Next thing I know Emily comes in the kitchen and casually asks me what I gave to Peyton. I looked at her confused and told her I hadn't given anything to Peyton. Emily insisted I had because Peyton had something she was chewing on in her mouth. In the world of sibling fairness, Emily wanted to snack on whatever I had given Peyton.
I then noticed Peyton sitting over by our sliding door. I quickly went over to check her mouth to make sure she didn't have anything in there she shouldn't. There was nothing in there, so I turned to tell Emily that Peyton didn't have anything in her mouth. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Peyton lift her hand to her mouth and put something inside. I screamed as I saw the little legs of a bug hanging out of her mouth. That's right, she was eating a dead bug she had picked out of the track of our slider!
Now, Peyton is a picky eater and we have often been baffled trying to figure out what she would eat at any given meal time, but I never would have thought she would prefer BUGS! I guess I shouldn't complain, bugs are a good source of protein, right?!?
Later as I swept all the things that had collected in the track of the slider out, Emily told me she was happy. I asked her why and her reply was, "Because you are sweeping all the bugs out of our house!"
Thursday, May 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment