It's so hard to believe that 1 month from today we will be celebrating Peyton's 1st birthday. I remember so vividly waking up at 5:30 in the morning and realizing my water had broken and that we needed to get to the hospital. I remember bringing Emily to the hospital for the first time to meet her sister and the instant bond that was formed between the 2 of them. And I remember the feeling of finally holding Peyton in my arms after 9 months of anticipating her arrival.
This time last year we were enjoying a few days at the beach with my bother and his family, while I was HUGE and miserable in my 9th month of pregnancy. This year we are enjoying Peyton and all her new discoveries as we vacation with my brother and his family again in the Smoky Mountians of Gatlinburg, TN.
She is now a smiley, happy 11 month old who loves life. She says, "HI!" to anyone she meets and you just can't help but let her greeting put a smile on your face. She crawls faster than I can walk sometimes and is inches away from taking off running on her 2 feet. She loves rolling around on the floor with her sister as they laugh and squeal in delight.
It's hard to beleive it's already been almost a year. It seems like just yesterday she was a tiny bundle in my arms. Where does the time go?
No comments:
Post a Comment