It all started with the furniture being rearranged on Sunday evening while I was at work. If you don't know this about Chris, he is always itching to rearrange furniture. So, if you're wanting a room rearranged in your home give him a call!
The new configuration of furniture puts our recliner in a much more prominent spot in the room. On Wednesday evening (again while I was working) the girls were sitting on the recliner together drinking their milk. Emily decided to get up, closely followed by Peyton, who stood up as the recliner was rocking. She lost her balance and as Chris describes it, in slow motion he watched her fall forward and hit her head on the corner of our end table.
When Chris called me at work I barely heard what he was saying due to the crying in the background. It sounded something like this, "I need doctor's number. Peyton fell, her eye is cut open." I quickly gave him the number and then proceeded to get someone to cover the remainder of my shift in case an ER visit was warranted. (Mayci, thank you so much for coming in on such short notice!!!)
By the time I got home the bleeding had stopped and I found it was about a 1/4 inch cut above her eyebrow. Thankfully she didn't need stitches and she bounced right back to her normal busy self VERY quickly.
1 comment:
Ouch!!! I am so glad she is okay!
Post a Comment