First as you know we were treated to an amazing trip to San Juan, Puerto Rico by Chris's grandparents. You can view the remainder of our pictures from Puerto Rico by clicking here.
We arrived home from our trip very early in the morning on Christmas Day. I think it was close to 2:30 AM before Chris and I crawled into bed! My mom graciously hosted our tired crew on Christmas Day with a delicious feast and lots of understanding as we spent a lot of time staring into space as the fatigue set in!
Next up was the "almost" surprise dinner party Chris threw for my birthday. Unfortunately for him I figured out what was going on about 10 minutes before the party. Regardless we had a blast and it was a great celebration even if I was trying to ignore my increasing age this year!
We finally made it out to see my Dad in St. Pete after many schedule adjustments from my work schedule. We had a great afternoon playing with them, opening presents and a delicious meal at Bubba Gump Shrimp.
My actual birthday followed. We celebrated by going out to dinner and a movie, a date night for Chris and I. We had a good time, but Chris had a hard time not thinking about our sliding glass door that had shattered earlier in the day while we were trying to install a safety pin for added home security. Thankfully our slider is double paned tempered glass, but man did it sound like we were having some rain storm in our house as the door shattered!
By the time New Year's rolled around we were too exhausted to celebrate. We had dinner with Misi and Josh, but rung in the New Year with our eyes closed and tucked in bed. The cold I'd been fighting finally caught up with me as we had a Chicken Bar-b-que at Chris's parents on New Year's Day. I spent the rest of the weekend on the couch under a blanket as Chris cared for the girls.
Needless to say by the time Sunday night rolled around we were sad to see our time together to come to an end!
1 comment:
How fun...our girls got a doll house very similar to your girls...surprise, surprise.
I hope you are feeling better.
Post a Comment