Thursday, January 1, 2009

The Little Mermaid(S)

While we were in Puerto Rico we decided to spend the majority of our time on the beach and at the pool with the girls "relaxing." Thankfully a lot of our family members had the same idea and played with the girls for countless hours in the sand and on the pool's water slide! To say we enjoyed ourselves would be an understatement. Just look at this beautiful place we got to spend 5 days.



Of course we spent much time playing in the sand. I think Peyton may have eaten more sand than anything else that week. You can't quite tell but her face is covered in sand as is her peanut butter cracker. I especially lover her CRAZY beach hair! I think we'll call this her "Wind, Water and Sunscreen" look.


Eventually our sand castle building turned into burying people in the sand. Emily was our first victim.


She was then quick to want to bury Daddy in the sand. Being unable to resist his girl he happily obliged.


"A la" the Friends episode at the beach, Chris decided re-enact Joey's beach breasts. We quickly decided to turn him into a mermaid.


Once Emily saw Daddy acting the part of Ariel, she wanted to be a mermaid too complete with her own lobster friend!


Thanks to Peter for these pictures. Our camera never made it out to the beach and he happily documented our fun!

2 comments:

Erica said...

Looks like a ton of fun. I love the "sand mermaids!" Adorable.

Anonymous said...

It looks like you all had a wonderful time. I was so glad to hear you were able to beat Santa home! Where exactly were you? Looked like a fun place with kiddos!!!!