Monday, September 1, 2008

Scissors

This morning Chris was cleaning up the table after the girls ate breakfast. He bent down to pick up some crumbs off the floor under the seat where Emily sits. All of the sudden he stood straight up and said, "Emily!"

Em and I were both sitting on the couch and I immediately thought she had dumped syrup from her waffle on the floor. Then Chris said, "What did you cut that I told you not to?" Emily just looked at him and having worked the last few days I had no idea what he was talking about. He repeated himself again and I thought she must have cut the carpet or something.

Then he lifted his hand up with the following in it...



Apparently on Saturday morning while I was at work, Emily wanted to cut some paper, to which Chris obliged, but warned her not to cut her hair. So what would any 3 year old do? Cut her hair of course.

The funniest part is that neither Chris or I noticed she had cut her hair 2 full days ago until we saw the pile of hair this morning. (To our credit, we have carpeting under our table and her hair matches the color almost perfectly.)

I guess she may have a future in the hair styling industry, because you can't really tell where she cut the hair from. That may have some to do with the fact that her hair is currently a little uneven from a recent hair cut at a "budget" hair cutter. Good thing it will all grow back and I think I'll pay a little more for the hair cut next time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll be sure to call her next time I need a hair cut. Too funny; especially since you guys didn't even notice!!

Erica said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one this has happened to!