Thursday, December 18, 2008

Emily-ism #18

Emily's feet have hit a recent growth spurt causing us to have to get her some new shoes. Chris took her to Walmart the other day where she picked out the cutest pair of causal sneakers. Unfortunately they gave her a blister on the back of her heel the first time she wore them.

Yesterday afternoon we were preparing to go out to run some errands. Chris bandaged up the heel with the boo boo and told her to get her shoes and put them on. She hesitated and said, "Well, I think I'll go upstairs and get my flip flops."

Chris tried to persuade her that the shoes wouldn't hurt since her heel was well bandaged, but she wasn't buying it. He then asked her, "Are you ever going to wear you new shoes again?"

Her simple reply was, "I will on Friday." The she paused tilted her head and asked us, "What day is today?"

Chris smiled and took the opportunity to see if he could get her to wear the shoes and replied, "Friday."

Emily's response was, "I think I'll wait til Monday." Then she bounced up the stairs to retrieve her flip flops from her room so we could be on our way!